Are you prepared to see your fixer upper?
These well-known words are today interchangeable with the dynamic husband-and-wife team Chip and Joanna Gaines, stars of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. As the airwaves fill with expectation, their legions of fans continue to multiply another chain of questions, like — Who are these folks?
And is Chip really funny in real life? By altering lives in this kind of winsome and engaging manner, and renovating houses in Waco, Texas, Joanna and Chip have become more than merely the stars of Fixer Upper, they’ve become new best friends are ’sed by America.
The Magnolia Story is the first novel from Joanna and Chip, offering their fans a comprehensive look at their life.
Nevertheless, their paths didn’t cross where Joanna worked behind the counter until Chip assessed his automobile into the local Firestone tire store. Back then Chip was serial entrepreneur who, sold fireworks, among other things, ran a lawn care business, and switched houses. Innumerable renovations and four kids after, Joanna garners the focus of a television producer who notices her work on a website one day.
In The Magnolia Story fans will eventually get to join the Gaines behind the scenes and find:
* The time Chip forgot to take their new, sleeping infant and ran to the supermarket
* Joanna’s agonizing choice to shut her dream company to concentrate on raising their kids
* When Chip purchases a houseboat, sight-unseen, and it turns out to be a crash that is leaky
* Joanna’s of finding the key to creating a lovely house breakthrough moment
* Memories and photographs from Jo and Chip ’s wedding
* The meaning of the word magnolia and it permeates
And though there’s still one lingering question for fans of the show: Is Chip actually that amusing? ” says Joanna. “He is, and still was, my first fixer upper.”